Background

Friday, February 26, 2010

Carrot Cookies

I have a love-hate relationship with this cookie. I love it so so much, but I also hate it because when I make them, I am uncontrollable with eating all of them....ahh! Seriously-one of the only, no-THE ONLY cookie I could eat a whole batch of. And I probably would too. Seriously, don't let the name OR the picture trick you. This is by far the best cookie thats ever graced my taste buds. Mmmmm...try it. You'll thank me later. :)

Carrot Cookies

Steve Blood


Ingredients:

  • 2 c. shortening
  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3 c. grated carrots
  • 3 eggs

Cream all of the above together.

Add:

  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 4-5 c. flour

Mix together and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. (I baked mine for 10 and they were still a little too crispy on the bottom for my taste!)

Frosting: (This is what MAKES the cookie!!!)

  • 6 c. powdered sugar (Mix in 2 at a time)
  • 3 tsp. frozen orange juice
  • 3 Tbsp. milk
  • 1/2 c. soft butter
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2-3 tsp. grated orange peel

(This makes a lot of frosting, but the cookies seriously taste so much better when loaded with frosting! If you really aren't a huge frosting fan, cut the ingredients in half)

Now go make them, now! ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment