Background

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Coconut Almond Granola

Right now, my refrigerator is in the living room. My stove is in the living room, obviously not hooked up. My toaster and microwave is in the living room. Why? Because we are re-doing our kitchen, and its in the painting stage right now. Yuck. I am sooo ready to have a kitchen again! We have been eating greasy fast food, frozen dinners, Hot Pockets, Toaster Strudels, ect. No offense to any of those companies or their fans, but seriously?! I don't know how people can eat that way every single day. I am so sick of it! So what better breakfast/snack than granola?! I am so excited to have a little something different, and something much healthier! I can't wait to experiment with this recipe, its a keeper!


Coconut Almond Granola
adapted from: The Vegster

Ingredients:

  • 2 c. oats
  • 2/3 c. unsweetened coconut, shredded
  • 1/2 c. maple syrup
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted**
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • a dash or two of nutmeg and ginger
  • 1/4 c. almond slices
  • 1/4 c. chopped pecans

Directions:

  1. Mix everything together and bake at 300 for 30-45 minutes. (I baked for 20, I don't like mine super crunchy)

**I didn't have any coconut oil, so I substituted about 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil and 2 Tbsp. maple syrup.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back and I agree that at some point, convenience or fast food loses its appeal!

    ReplyDelete