Background

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies w/ Walnuts & Coconut

Long name-DELICIOUS cookie! I had the day off today, but felt totally unproductive and completely frustrated with some school registration issues, so this is how I relaxed myself! Bummer that the way to make myself feel better is to bake yummy (yet way fattening!) sweets! Oh well, that will motivate me even more to continue my intense daily workouts with Tony! Totally unrelated to these cookies OR cooking, but if you want to get in shape, P90X is the way to go! I can barely walk from yesterdays workout, but it feels so good to be so sore! --Back to the subject-- These cookies contain part of all my favorites, chocolate chips, oatmeal, nuts, coconut....sheer perfection! Try these now!!

Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts and Coconut

Ingredients:
  • 1 c. butter, slightly softened ***
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp. buttermilk (or regular milk)
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 1/2 c. unbleached flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 c. rolled oats
  • 8 oz. chocolate chips
  • 3/4 c. chopped walnuts
  • 3/4 c. sweetened, shredded coconut

***I used 1/2 c. shortening, 1/2 c. butter. I learned the trick from my aunt and it makes such moist and yummy cookies!

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
  • Beat in eggs one at a time, then mix in the vanilla and buttermilk.
  • Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Mix into the butter mixture.
  • Mix in the oats, chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut.
  • Drop by tablespoons on a prepared baking sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes (or 6, if you like half-way doughy cookies like me!)
  • Cool on a wire rack.
  • ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment