Background

Monday, March 29, 2010

Black Bean & Salsa Soup

I was skeptical to try this recipe out...it seemed too simple, if thats possible! Boy-am I ever glad I did! Tony LOVE LOVE LOVES this recipe (his own words!) and I have to agree! It has the perfect flavor and texture, and there are endless possibilities you could use this for. We love to eat ours with tortilla chips....mmmm. So unbelievably good. Tonight I also made some corn muffins to go with it, but they turned out to be a disappointment. But the soup more than made up for that! This is my favorite "busy day" meal..I got home from work, threw this in the blender, warmed up it, and voila! A healthy, easy, DELICIOUS dinner is ready. :)

Black Bean and Salsa Soup

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 1/2 c. vegetable broth
  • 1 c. salsa
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • sour cream, green onion, and shredded cheese for garnishing

Directions:

Combine beans, broth, salsa, and cumin in a food processor. Blend until fairly smooth. Heat soup in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Put soup in bowls and garnish as desired.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment