Background

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mexican Fried Corn

I love cilantro. I could eat it on almost anything. Yes, I love it that much. So when I stumbled upon this recipe for a jazzed up corn dish that also included my favorite-cilantro, I had to try it! And what better day than Cinco de Mayo? This dish had an amazing flavor to it! I'm normally kind of iffy about cumin, but it accompanied the cilantro and creamy corn so perfectly! We will no longer eat "regular" ol' corn at this house!


Mexican Fried Corn
With a Cherry on Top

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 small onion, diced (About 1/4 c.)
  • 3 c. corn
  • 3/4 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

  1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
  2. Add in corn, remaining butter, and milk. Cook until heated through and corn becomes creamy. Add cilantro, cumin, and salt and pepper. Mix in well, and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment