Background

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Oatmeal Banana Cookies

We're still not all the way moved into the new house yet, and finding time to cook is nearly impossible! I decided that we needed a tasty treat to snack on while we work on the house, so this is what I managed to make! The verdict: Tony rated them a 9 out of 10, but they weren't that amazing to me. I think I'm more a chocolate girl when it comes to my cookies and dessert. Don't get me wrong, I still thought they were really good and I enjoyed my fair share of them! I just don't have a love for baked goods with bananas like Tony does!


Oatmeal Banana Cookies


Ingredients:
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 3/4 c. margarine
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c. banana
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 3/4 c. oatmeal
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 3/4 Tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 c. nuts (optional-I left out this time!)

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare baking sheet
  • Cream together sugar and margarine.
  • Add in eggs, bananas, and vanilla until well incorporated.
  • Mix dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl, then stir into sugar mixture.
  • Stir in oatmeal, and nuts if using.
  • Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until slightly golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment