Background

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Blueberry Crumb Bars

Ok. Seriously, these little devils are horrible! No, not because they taste bad. They are absolutely addicting!! Here is a picture of the pan, right out of the oven.



Here, only 7 hours later.

Sick. Sick and wrong.

I would like to thank my mom, our 2 awesome construction workers, and myself (Tony only ate 0ne, he gets no credit here) for eating almost an entire pan of these suckers in one night. Yes, they are that good. And if you think they are good right out of the oven (as most things are), they get much better. Usually I have no self control when they are warm and gooey....but here I am, blogging at 11 pm so I can stop myself from gorging out on these bad boys. Awesome.

So go try these. Seriously, now! A-mazing.

Blueberry Crumb Bars
Delicious Meliscious


Ingredients:

  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 3 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 c. butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
  • 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional) I ommitted
  • 4 c. fresh blueberries (or frozen)
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3 tsp. corn starch

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 c. sugar, flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and cinnamon, if desired. Using a fork or pasty cutter, blend in butter and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pour half of the dough into the prepared pan.
  3. In another bowl, stir together 1/2 c. sugar and corn starch. Mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle blueberry mixture over the crust, crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
  4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into squares.

ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. they look delicious-can't wait to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big blueberry fan, but after your rave review I am going to have to give them a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well with that kind of build up, I'm going to have to try them! Evidently I’m a gluten for punishment!

    ReplyDelete