Background

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My favorite fish!

I guess I've been on a fish kick lately, here is my second fish-related post in a row! I have to say, this is probably one of my new favorite fish recipes!! I think we can all agree that anything is better when encrusted with a crunchy layer of absolute goodness. Fried is always better, right? Well my friends-this fish is deceiving because although it tastes fried, its really grilled..so much healthier! Definitly a must-try! Even Mr. Picky loved this one!

Potato Flake Fish
Inspired by: RecipeZaar

Ingredients:

  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 c. flour
  • 1/2 c. instant potato flakes
  • 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
  • 2 Tbsp. parsley (I omitted)
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 4 fish fillets (I used tilapia)

Directions:

  1. Combine first 7 ingredients together in a shallow dish, set aside.
  2. Dip each fish fillet into the beaten eggs, then coat with the potato flake mixture.
  3. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or grill.**

**I used our George Forman and grilled the fillets, they turned out pefect!

Also, for extra crispy fish, repeat steps 1 and 2 twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment