Background

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jalapeno-Baked Fish

So I haven't been whipping up as many delicacies in the kitchen the past couple of weeks, too much to do with all this home buying business!! I decided that there are NO excuses for becoming lazy in the kitchen, and that I will cook as many meals as I possibly can every week. So today, after my 9-11 meeting at work, I came home and whipped up the sauce for this dish. Headed back to work at 1, then on my break I cooked the potatoes, threw together the dish, and BAM! Instant, delicious dinner all ready to go! If I can prepare this meal during a day with a hectic schedule, I definitly condone this meal "weeknight" friendly! Definitly a keeper in this house, except next time I'll be cutting back on some of the jalapenos, it was a little too spicy for us!


Jalepeno-Baked Fish with Roasted Tomatoes & Potatoes

Ingredients:

  • 4 medium (1 lb) potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • Salt
  • 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 large garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
  • 1/3 c. coarsely chopped cilantro, plus more for garnishing
  • 1/4 c. sliced canned pickled jalapenos
  • 1 Tbsp. jalapeno pickling juice
  • 4 fish fillets (I used tilapia)

Directions:

  1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Put the sliced potatoes in an 8x8 microwave safe baking dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle salt, toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and poke several holes in the top. Microwave on high until the potatoes are nearly tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine the tomatoes (with juice), garlic, cilantro, jalapenos, and pickling juice. Process to a puree, leaving just a little texture.
  3. Lay the fish fillets in a single layer over the potatoes. Pour the tomato mixture evenly over the fish and potatoes.
  4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you worked on this during your workday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I need to give fish another try and this seems like the perfect way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This recipe looks easy and really delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete