Background

Monday, April 19, 2010

Wheat Berry & Fruit Salad

Wow-has it really been over two weeks since my last post?! I promise we haven't been starving..just too busy to post our meals! This masterpiece was actually my mom's creation--thanks Mom!!! I definitly don't consider myself a health freak, by any means-but I can't resist the healthy wheat and grain group of the food pyramid! After seeing this recipe, I knew I would like it! And like love it I did.

Wheat Berry & Fruit Salad
adapted from: Dyann Victor
Ingredients:
  • 1 c. wheat berries (cooked)
  • 1/4 c. craisins
  • 1 large apple, diced
  • 1 c. grapes, halved
  • 1/2 c. diced cheese
  • 1/4-1/2 c. nuts, chopped

(You can add strawberries, blueberries, raspberries--if desired)

Mix together. Then pour the follow dressing over the salad:

(Place the following in a blender)

  • 1/8 red onion
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment